Thankful for Bloggers [A Blog Azeroth Thanksgiving]

Hello Everyone!

A Panda Pilgrim Drawing I did especially for this post!

I wanted to start this post off by saying that I am grateful for a lot of things in my life, but this is going to be a very special post. I am going to talk about how grateful I am towards my fellow bloggers in the community. This is also going to be my entry for “A Blog Azeroth Thanksgiving” hosted by a fellow author, Amerence of “Amerence Love WoW.”

Usually I write in sections, but everything is so meshed together that I cannot break it into sections. Also, you can click on the pictures for a larger view. I apologize in advance if I seem to be all over the place in this post, but you should still see my point (hopefully).

First off, I would like to thanks the makers and moderators of Blog Azeroth. You are what helps keep the forum and community alive with fun events and Shared Topics. I am thankful you have created a place where all Warcraft Bloggers can come and socialize. Before joining Blog Azeroth, (this may sound silly) I felt odd. I thought it would be silly to write a blog, especially one about Warcraft. I kept writing in hopes that one day, my thoughts and experiences in WoW will help someone. Joining Blog Azeroth made me see how giant the WoW Blogging community really is. I am thankful to know that I am not alone. Someone out there in the world cares, and are looking for others that share their thoughts. You have opened a portal where new and old WoW bloggers can come together, socialize, and share ideas. I know I don’t participate as much as I would love to, but I love Blog Azeroth. I thank you for the time and efforts put into Blog Azeroth.

Second, I would like to thank my fellow WoW Bloggers. I was going to specifically thank certain WoW Bloggers, but the list kept growing (and growing). Truth is…I love to read WoW Blogs. If you’re on my blogroll, then I am thankful for you. If you’re not, then I just haven’t added you yet :P I love looking at screenshots. I love socializing with other people about something that I love so much. I love the humor I come across when I read blog posts from my fellow Bloggers. It is also not easy to put your thoughts in words. A lot of people do not realize it, but it really does take a lot of courage to tell your thoughts and opinions to someone. It takes even more courage to share it with the entire world.

Hmm, how can I put this? Oh yes. A good example is my real life friend Kiera, who also plays World of Warcraft. I haven’t been keeping up with things going on with her life, but I have noticed how often she was going to the doctor based on her Facebook statuses. Kiera posted a video of her going through a Gelastic Seizure on Facebook. I have to admit it was one of the creepiest things I’ve ever seen, but Kiera has recently started a medical blog to talk about her experiences with her condition. Her friend, Ally has been great looking out for her (as all good friends should :P), and has summed up how I feel about Kiera’s Medical Blog.

I’m very proud of your efforts to try and accept and share what’s going on with you. It’s a good life lesson for a lot of women. It’s not easy to share bad choices we have made especially when domestic abuse leads to permanent brain damage but what if one person sees these videos or reads these blogs and changes their situation before something like this happens to them. BRAVO Mizz Kiera. – Ally

Kiera & Her friend, Ally

I know I am comparing a Warcraft Blog to a Medical one, but my point still stands. I recently came across The Gold Queen’s post, and the White Ribbon campaign. *inserts banner* I salute you ladies for your commitment to your blogs, and the courage you show. *hugs to all* I also didn’t realize the time and effort it takes to keep a blog up to date, until I started one. I applaud the WoW Bloggers that post in their blogs every day, regardless of how busy they are! I especially love seeing those WoW Bloggers try and be part of the WoW Blogging community over at BlogAzeroth. You guys work hard! :)

Third, I would like to thank ALL BLOGGERS. Of course, as much as it seems like I am expressing my thanks to only WoW Bloggers; I am not. I’m thankful for Bloggers in general. For the same reasons, I expressed for WoW Bloggers. Everyone is different, and I honestly believe everything I do is helping me become who I am today (and in the future). The media cannot cover every aspect of our world, and I am thankful that I can see something through their eyes. So keep blogging, and Happy Thanksgiving to all <3

Through debating and socializing with others, we are able to grow…

_END

• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Myspace
  • Google Buzz
  • Reddit
  • Stumnleupon
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Technorati

20 Comments on "Thankful for Bloggers [A Blog Azeroth Thanksgiving]"

1. Ancient November 19, 2011 at 11:13 AM - Reply

Hi Mia!

I finally defeated the captcha! While the blogs I read are predominantly WoW blogs I do read blogs on other topics. I hadn’t really thought about it until I read your post but the reason I love blogs is they’re real. Not the nightly news which may have a bias or spin but real people.

I’ll join you in thanking ALL the bloggers!

• Sherry [Mia] November 19, 2011 at 7:28 PM - Reply

Bloggers FTW!! haha. :D Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! ^_^

2. Kiera November 19, 2011 at 12:01 PM - Reply

Thank you so much for thinking of me as such a “strong person” especially in a time of my life when having no control over my body causes me to feel so weak. In all honesty- warcraft can directly relate to my seizures though!! LOL Some days stress can induce them and logging in a blowing things up can reduce stress and cause them to subside if I catch them early enough. However certain zones like Netherstorm can actually CAUSE me to have one! I avoid areas like that! LOL Thanks again honey!!

• Sherry [Mia] November 19, 2011 at 7:27 PM - Reply

Thank you and Ally for letting me write about you guys. Thanks for stopping by to leave a comment too! ^_^ I’m sorry to hear about Warcraft linking to your seizures :( I’ll be sure to remember that when I get to run dungeons with you! I definitely want to do that someday!!!

3. Navimie November 19, 2011 at 3:10 PM - Reply

A great and from the heart post I think Mia! Gosh I don’t think I want to let you read mine now, it pales in comparison (emotion wise)

• Sherry [Mia] November 19, 2011 at 7:24 PM - Reply

I’m sure your post will be great :D I cannot wait to read yours!

4. Amerence November 19, 2011 at 8:22 PM - Reply

Omg! Did i just had goosebumps! Anyway, your entry is wonderful too Mia! I bet the judges will have a hard time knowing who will be the winner of this event! Anyway, Just thought to let you know that your sincerity, and emotions and the originality of your panda drawings and thoughts are great! So Good Luck to you hon! <3

• Sherry [Mia] November 19, 2011 at 9:47 PM - Reply

Thank you! I honestly think the drawings are the best ones I’ve done so far XD Thanks for hosting such a fun event! ^_^

5. Erinys November 20, 2011 at 2:54 PM - Reply

Your pilgrim Panda is so cute.

“I am thankful that I can see something through their eyes.”

I think that sums up perfectly why I read so many blogs. I love seeing how other people approach things.

Happy Thanksgiving to you too.

6. Aidrana November 20, 2011 at 4:39 PM - Reply

Hi Mia-

Great post! I’m not American, since I had my canadian thanksgiving holiday a while ago, but I’ll still join in :)

In regards to TGQ- I also followed that and were absolutely horrified that it happened to her, and the criticism she recieved from a certain blogger. I understand that everyone can have disagreements, but he certainly could have worded it better. He shouldn’t have said anything at all imo.

It was very inspiring to see the WoW community take a stand for her and defend her. That’s just awesome- that also made me realize the WoW community is much bigger than I thought it was. My recent post also proved me that, even though I’m very new to the scene, I got overwhelmed with support with retweets and comments/pms/emails. I am thankful I am part of this very awesome community and am looking forward to continuing sharing ideas, tears and nerd rages with people ^^

Wonderful post!

7. wisperhunter November 21, 2011 at 12:50 PM - Reply

This is great blog :P

8. Ceraphus November 21, 2011 at 4:17 PM - Reply

WoW Bloggers I have found are some of the most helpful bunch in the overall community, whereas the official wow forums there are trolls and bashing, in the blogosphere, many wow bloggers are quick to jump in and help others whenever possible and its great, this time of year is great for telling those bloggers who have helped you or been thanks for everything. Good stuff

9. bradthomas127 November 22, 2011 at 12:39 AM - Reply

Hi Mia,

Love what you did with the theme. I was looking though my analytic’s and seen that someone came from your site from O-town so i was just wondering if your from O-town too?

10. Karegina November 22, 2011 at 12:34 PM - Reply

I am thankful for you Mia :) You helped inspire me to keep going when I thought I was writing to the air.

11. Jamin November 23, 2011 at 4:44 AM - Reply

Well said Mia :)

Good entry,

– Jamin

12. Kamalia November 28, 2011 at 1:16 PM - Reply

Having “everything all meshed together” is indeed one of the great things about being part of a blogging community. Like you, I am grateful for all the non-WoW bloggers and blogging communities I read, participate in, or have read or participated in in the past.

Leave A Response