I know I haven’t been posting much. I’ve been enjoying my vacation time off from school by watching Netflix movies, and hanging out with my family. This will probably be my last post until the 2nd week of January. Here are a few things that has happened since my last post.
1) Winter Veil – I still have yet to receive the companion ‘Lumpy‘ from the “You’re a Mean One..” daily. I’m a little bit irritated at that, because I’ve also been doing it on multiple characters. I can solo the Greench on my hunter ^_^ Also, did anyone else notice the mechanical Corgi in the Greench’s cave? I hope that becomes a future pet, because it’s so cute!
2) Companions - I’ve been working on towards the ‘Littlest Pet Shop‘ achievement. Kirin Tor Familiar Pet – I had to set my hearthstone to Dalaran, and check the books for the ‘Higher Learning’ Achievement every day. I also got Toothy from the Fishing Daily near Shattrath. My husband surprised me with the Epic parrot pet, ‘Hyacinth Macaw‘, and I got ‘Green Wing Macaw‘ on my first run of regular Deadmines. I also got ‘Worg Pup‘ & ‘Smolderweb Hatchling‘ from Lower Blackrock Spire, and ‘Tiny Flamefly‘ from a quest in Burning Steppes. Even though I have my Worgen Death Knight to do the Argent Tournament Dailies, I’ve been dragging my heels on it. I just bought Mechanopeep off the Auction house for 2500, which is half of what it normally costs on there.
3) Loot - I got T13 Helm, T13 Chest, and a DPS Belt from Looking for Raid from my priest. I also got T13 gloves from Baradin Hold. I used my Valor points for ring, boots, and wand from Valor points. I got the Windward Heart trinket off of 10 man Dragon Soul.
4) Fishing Maxed - Pretty much said. I went from 390 fishing to 525 fishing for the dang ‘Giant Sewer Rat’ companion in Dalaran. I pretty much am going to work on companions from Reputation Grinding before I got back to Fishing them out. :P
5) A year of Hosting - I paid for a year of web hosting for my blog. Yay! ^_^ I’m very excited and happy about the purchase!
I was also catching up some blog reading, and I found Anexxia’s End of the Year Review on her blog. I felt like filling this out about WoW and Real Life. I think it would be great to look back on this next year :D
1) What were you most excited about in the past year?
WoW - Hard to say what I was excited about mostly. I guess playing my priest as Holy was thrilling! I’ve always been Discipline, so being Holy in Cataclysm was a different healing outlook on my priest. I also was excited when I got the motivation to level up 10 of my toons to 85, and it’s hard for me to believe I have six 85′s!
Real Life - Starting up taking college classes, getting a new house, making new friends, visiting old friends in North Carolina.
2) What was the best thing you bought?
WoW - Best thing? Uhh…well. I don’t really buy stuff off the Auction House. I don’t do dailies, and my gold pool is gradually increased by using the Looking for Dungeons and Looking for Raids Tools. As I stated above, my husband bought me ‘Hyacinth Macaw‘! That was probably the best thing that he bought…for me.
Real Life - If you exclude buying the new house, the next best thing in my opinion is my son’s Toy organizer that I recently bought. Some say it’s not that big of a deal, but it is to me. I’ve always wanted to get my son that, but I couldn’t bring myself to spend $60 on it; especially since I’ve seen it for $40. Well, I bought for only $35 ^_^ I was so happy when we got it, and it looks so cute in our living room.
3) What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
WoW - More energy and motivation. Even with the new content, I was struggling to actually give myself enough “umph” to log on. I would rather just lie down, and watch Television while eating some snacks. Yes, it sounds depressing…
Real Life - again, more energy and motivation. I am just so tired of being tired all the time. I need to work up some motivation to exercise, or at least build up on Aerobics. My father-in-law just recently got a new weight bench, so maybe I should give that a try. My son and I also have been walking around the block, so he gets his legs going too.
4) What was your biggest achievement of the year?
WoW - Probably getting the required Achievements done for the “What a Long, Strange Trip It’s Been”. I’ve been putting it off for so long. I should have been done with that achievement years ago. I kept giving myself the excuse of “Oh, it’s going to take me a year anyways, so I’m not going to do it” BAH!
Real Life - Getting my good grades in College. I’ve never been a good student when it comes to Academics. I always slid by with the minimum. I’m glad that I’m able to pull off good grades in college. So far, I have mostly straight A’s with the exception of one B from Intro to Healthcare. That ‘B’ was technically an A! It was a 92.98%, and you needed at least a 93% to get the ‘A’. *grumbles* It should’ve been an ‘A’.
5) What was your biggest failure?
WoW - Don’t think I had a “biggest failure” this year. *ponders more* No, don’t think so…other than dying to fire because I couldn’t see the graphics due to my crappy computer or lagg spikes.
Real Life - The biggest failure I had was getting a 60% on a lab report in Biology. I wouldn’t have mind the 60%, but this was the same class and teacher that my husband took the semester before. So I felt a bit ashamed of it, but it didn’t hurt my grade that much. I got an overall 98% in the class :D
6) What do you wish you’d done less of?
WoW - Sight seeing. No joke. I walk around Orgimmar. Not just on a mount, but actually walking. For some reason, I find it a bit soothing.
Real Life - Panicking? I have anxiety issues. Since I started college classes, my anxiety has me on a roller coaster. I get too exhausted from all the loops. “Did I do this assignment? What if I don’t get a good grade? I hope the teacher doesn’t call on me. Why is everyone asking me questions, I don’t know the answers?! OH NO! I forgot to do my quiz!”
7) What did you do in the World of Warcraft/Real Life in 2011 that you’d never done before?
WoW – Raid Healing as Holy spec….does being head of my guild’s Facebook page count? Uhh, I don’t think there is something that I never did before in-game. OH! Fighting the Greench Boss/Saving Metzen Quest. I never did it before, and this year was my first time doing that quest.
Real Life - Besides starting college classes as a mom? Uh…I learned how to make Milk Gravy?
8) What was your favorite new place that you visited?
WoW – Gallywix’s Pleasure Palace! No Joke. I love having out and chilling at that place after dealing with window-licking pugs.
Real Life – When we bought our new house, we didn’t realize how close we are to the neighborhood park. I absolutely love visiting there with my son. They have a little skate park, swings, benches, and a sidewalk that goes around the whole park. I love taking walks there :)
9) What was your favorite WoW/Real Life blog or podcast?
WoW – I don’t think I have a favorite. I like reading all WoW blogs, especially ones that are constantly updated. I recently changed my blogroll to only show the 10 most recently updated ones, because I have TOO many links. I might change it into a page XD
Real Life – Postsecret: Updates every Sunday. People from all around the world send in postcards with secrets on them. Sometimes the secrets hit home for me. People of Walmart: I see a lot of weird people at Walmart. So this site just makes me laugh! FailBlog: Enough said. Makes me laugh at all the fails :P
10) Tell us a valuable WoW/Real Life lesson you learned in 2011.
WoW - Even if you think you may not be interested in the Violet Proto Drake, because of all the achievements you have to do...DO IT ANYWAYS! Don’t be dumb like me, and get interested two years later…
Real Life - As much as I was stressing out with school and my son, in the end…it was a good life experience.
p.s – sorry for the wall of text!